Approximately one month ago, EPHA prepared an exclusive advocacy course for Euronet MRPH members. In 28th and 29th September, 18 medical residents in Public Health from 8 Euronet MRPH member countries had the chance to attend EPHA Professional Development Course in Brussels.
Here you can find a summary of the most relevant contents, compiled by Rachel Thomson, from Euronet MRPH Scotland.
By the end of the workshop, it was anticipated participants would be able to:
- Understand how the EU works in practice, from the perspective of a large public health umbrella NGO;
- Better grasp the role of civil society in EU policymaking processes;
- Gain knowledge about EPHA’s campaign areas and discuss key challenges and opportunities;
- Comprehend different advocacy approaches deployed by EPHA;
- Discuss how to make best use of public health expertise and scientific evidence to engage with policymakers and shape “health-friendly” EU policies;
- Engage with public health stakeholder at EU level.
We hope you can attend future courses with our partners, to promote Public Health skills among european residents.